Saturday, May 10, 2008

Road Trip America! - Day 4 - Ojo Caliente and Taos, NM

I will edit this post shortly...but for now bullet points:

Ojo Caliente Mineral Hot Springs (and mud bath, baking in sun) - yes yes yes.


Driving from Ojo to Taos - a bit nerverwracking...Google Maps gave incorrect information, which i have to say is unlike them and more like their ugly sister, MapQuest. Bad directions led to happy accident = viewing the Rio Grande Gorge on my way in = first time ever had real, genuine knee knocking out of fear. The pics I have are RIDICULOUS in that they don't even give you a smidgen of a hair of a taste of the enormity of this HUGE FUCKING CRACK IN THE EARTH'S SURFACE. It was insanely awesome and very scary...and very fucking windy. I think I thought I might blow off that bridge and tumble down like some suicidal person (common suicide location apparently)

Taos and staying with Mark Miller, my pal Marisa's Pop...FABULOUS! and what a view he has when you step outside his home there. Jesus P Christo!
MARK MILLER'S PLACE:

AND THE VIEW FROM HIS FRONT DOOR:

More later...look at the pics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home