Monday, August 20, 2007

The Darjeeling Limited: Sept 29, 2007


The Darjeeling Limited, Wes Anderson's new quirk-love-music extravaganza of cinematic pleasure, opens on September 29 here in LA and I have to say, I'm pretty damn excited.

Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman play estranged brothers who travel to India on a spiritual journey and to remember what it is to be brothers again. There might also be something in their about scattering their dead father's ashes, but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm in love with the trailer. Hence, I am posting my first trailer! See below! How thrilling! You Tube and Blogger make it all so GD easy. You must watch the trailer now and tell me what you think. OK, well, read the rest of this post first.

Why am I such a sucker for Anderson's movies, with their pitch perfect use of music and their intoxicating color schemes, wicked cinematography...he's just so delicious, isn't he? I liken Anderson's movies to a colorful confection that proves so much more complex after you take a bite. Like it looks like some turquoise and fuschia marzipan but then you begin eating it and you realize that it's layers of cake and whipped cream laced with Madagascar vanilla; there's chocolate covered cherries with hints of cardomom. Chewy morsels of...is that turkish delight?? Your eyes and mouth are ablaze. You don't know whether to laugh or cry...and suddenly you are left with the most fulfilling of aftertastes. Ahhhh Anderson.

tee hee hee.

Oh and I'm certain I'm not the only one with a weakness for sibling stories...You Can Count on Me, Ma Saison Preferee...and the upcoming The Savages with Laura Linney and Philip Seymour Hoffman...which looks like it could be quite good or meh. We'll have to see.

What are your favourite 'sibling' movies? What am I forgetting??

OK, now go watch the trailer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home