Thursday, August 02, 2007

Once the movie



I love this film. It's small, quiet, haunting, joyous. It is so full to bursting with love that it's almost hard to stand. Please see it. The music is gorgeous as is the acting. It has a 97% Fresh rating at Rotten Tomatoes.com and out of all the reviews in the western world, three sad saps panned the movie...I feel bad for them and their cold cold hearts.

This gorgeous little film won the world cinema audience award at Sundance this year and is wowing people the world over. I don't like to talk too much about plot here but I will say that since I have not written boo on my blog since March you know I'm really feeling this movie. In fact, the night I saw it here in LA (at the Arclight) I wasn't really looking forward to spending $13 to see a fillum. But frugal old me was soon won over and forgot about money altogther. Wowsers, you say? Yep. Go see it now!

If you live in LA you can catch ONCE at the Sunset 5 or at the Landmark West LA.

If you live in Toronto you can catch it tonight at the Cumberland or as of tomorrow at the good old Carlton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home